- Perform collection activities across all divisions while evaluating the continued effectiveness of current collection policies.
- A/R administrative tasks such as cash application, credit card payment reconciliations, and A/R reporting that drives visibility to the status of CSG receivables.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining credit limits on customer accounts, and when appropriate, process requests for special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Ensure customer compliance with the credit and collection procedure policy.
- Determine accounts that should be placed on credit hold for non-payment issues and partner with the appropriate internal team members to determine next steps.
- Maintain and report on aging schedule and collection activities.
- Assist with legal filings including civil claims and responses to customer bankruptcy filings.
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, ensure contact information is current and complete, and resolve any issues timely and respectfully.
- Promote a positive work environment and company culture.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the Business Services management team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of accounts receivable and customer service experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary; you need to be comfortable and confident when talking with customers on the phone.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to think critically and strong troubleshooting skills.
- NetSuite knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Sit or stand at a desk for extended periods of time.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers).
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (repetitive motion).
- Ability to communicate verbally in-person and via telephone.